Following Government advice, all racing at Southwell Racecourse will continue behind closed doors until further notice. From 24/09/20 all attendees to Southwell Racecourse will be requested to fulfil the NHS Track & Trace system upon entry. Please see news for more info
With areas of the country experiencing different restrictions, dependant on the government's tiered approach to combat Covid-19 transmissions, we ask all owners to check our news page where the latest information on any enhanced measures at Southwell Racecourse will be available.
Owners will be asked to comply with all the local restrictions in place when visiting and those planning on attending Southwell Racecourse do so in accordance with the latest guidelines for their area.
We are delighted to welcome Racehorse Owners back to Southwell Racecourse. We're working hard to provide our owners with an enjoyable experience whilst watch their horse compete behind closed doors. Although things will be a little different, we hope to continue to offer additional benefits and improvements to those at the heart of the sport.
Please click on the button below for a map of the site which marks out the new layout that we are operating whilst behind closed doors.
We are delighted to welcome Racehorse Owners back on site as of Wednesday 1 July 2020.
Please note the following procedures
- We are now delighted to offer up to four Owners passes per runner. Should you need more, please contact the racecourse directly at firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not call the Racecourse Office), we will make every effort to accommodate your request, but may be limited by our capacity.
- All attendees must pre register via the RCA PASS system.Arrival
- Please follow the Brown Signed route down Racecourse Road from Southwell. Please do not access the suite from Rolleston or Fiskerton.
- Parking will be in Car Park A, signposted off Racecourse Road.
- Owners Entrance will open 1 hour before the first race. You will be asked to show your Photo ID and take a temperature check.
- Please note, there is no restriction on the arrival or departure time for Owners. You may enjoy as much or as little of the race meeting as you please with us.
- Please click the map below to see the layout of the Owners Enclosure.
- A complimentary lunch of salad, sandwiches or soup will provided along with bottled water and tea and coffee.
- An bar will be in operation selling a range of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages (please note, this bar will accept contactless payment only).
- First floor viewing for Owners will be available in Hospitality Boxes 3-5.
- The Winners Podium will be located trackside, by the Winning Post.
- There will be ample room for Parade Ring viewing, albeit at this time, there will not be access to the Winners Enclosure or Pre Parade Ring.
- A position by which Owners can easily catch up with Trainers or Jockeys is available for use both pre and post race.
As per the latest BHA guidance, one Trainer or representative per racing yard will be admitted to each meeting.